Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have I missed something?
(29-12-2022, 12:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think we should make the import and supply of smoking products illegal. And yes there will be a black market. Too bad, throw those smuggling miscreants in jail and toss away the key. To cater for the tourist and the unrepentent addict (as an ex addict I have no sympathy) dedicated smokers facilities should be made available, with an entry fee - user pays through the nose - supervised by trained staff who can advise on giving up...

Tongue

I'm an ex addict too but I can sympathise with those still caught up in it. Help, rather than punishment works better I think. 

Although....we have got rather a lot of pot holes around the country which need fixing, perhaps they could help with those as a penalty??! Rolleyes Big Grin

Oddly enough I was thinking earlier about various penalties we supposedly civilised countries have imposed at various times during history. In particular ripping people away from everyone they knew & loved, & sending them to the other side of the world to survive as best they could because they'd stolen a loaf of bread to feed their families. 
But probably hanging children was one of the worst.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Have I missed something? - by Oldfellah - 29-12-2022, 12:13 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Lilith7 - 29-12-2022, 12:26 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Oh_hunnihunni - 29-12-2022, 12:41 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Lilith7 - 29-12-2022, 01:00 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Olive - 29-12-2022, 01:21 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Oh_hunnihunni - 29-12-2022, 01:19 PM
RE: Have I missed something? - by Lilith7 - 29-12-2022, 02:24 PM