Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Laptop battery replacement
The battery in my 5-year old Asus laptop has reached the end of the road and I want to replace it. In searching for a supplier I get the feeling that I have fallen down some sort of rabbit-hole. I have found 4 websites offering wide selections of replacement batteries. Three of them, batteryupgrade.co.nz, batterybuy.co.nz and nzbattery.co.nz, are suspiciously similar in appearance and appear to be fronts for a Chinese company. "Buyer reviews" are displayed, and most of these seem to contain complaints about delivery times, poor battery quality and refund problems. Some of the reviews go so far as to describe the suppliers as "scammers" and "frauds". Not exactly encouraging.

The fourth supplier, ebattery.co.nz, is also Chinese (stated on the web page) but has a different appearance to the others. My problem after seeing all this is, who can I believe? Has anyone had experience with obtaining a replacement battery and can offer some advice? A couple of years ago I found a replacement battery for my wife's laptop at PB Tech in Wellington, and it worked OK. PB Tech don't offer a suitable replacement this time, hence my new search. However, I now see that the illustration in the PB Tech catalogue appears identical to that shown in the 3 companies named above.

Any comments or advice gratefully accepted.

Messages In This Thread
Laptop battery replacement - by jayess64 - 21-01-2023, 01:11 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by harm_less - 21-01-2023, 01:47 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by CliveM - 21-01-2023, 02:05 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by SueDonim - 21-01-2023, 02:08 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by Wainuitech - 21-01-2023, 10:27 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by jayess64 - 22-01-2023, 01:43 PM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by paulw - 23-01-2023, 09:50 AM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by neilmcc - 23-01-2023, 06:37 AM
RE: Laptop battery replacement - by Wainuitech - 23-01-2023, 12:09 PM