Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woke attempting to block woman's rights activist entering NZ
(24-03-2023, 07:35 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Meanwhile World Athletics makes a great call:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/women-in-sp...pp-android

Hopefully the International Swimming Committee and Olympic committee will do the same.
Common sense prevails thankfully.
I believe other sporting authorities are going by the age someone undergoes hormone treatment, i.e if someone undergoes hormone treatment before the age of ~16 then they can still qualify competing against women as they have not fully developed male traits through puberty, although even 16 is probably a bit late, but its a good compromise.

(24-03-2023, 08:01 AM)king1 Wrote: The last paragraph in that article says 

Quote:For differences in sex development (DSD) athletes, the new regulations will require to reduce their testosterone levels below a limit of 2.5 nmol/L for a minimum of 24 months to compete internationally in the female category in any event, not just the events that were restricted (400m to 1600m) under the previous regulations.

So I wonder if that is possible for the trans athletes ?  are they able to manipulate their testosterone levels?  If so then it's not really a ban, but setting defined limits, which can only be a good thing...

Its not just testosterone levels, but how much muscle was developed prior to hormone thearpy, also other male traits can be advantageous, like length of legs, etc. I think thats why they seem to be settling on the age of around 16 as a cuttoff point for hormone treatment to begin.
(24-03-2023, 10:36 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Perhaps it might be fairest to simply also have a trans category for competitive sports events, as well as those for male & female.
I think this would be a good option.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woke attempting to block woman's rights activist entering NZ - by C_T_Russell - 24-03-2023, 11:34 AM