Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA attacking women's abortion rights again.
(13-04-2023, 04:05 PM)dken31 Wrote: The "men should stay the hell out" argument is akin to claiming that only Chinese people are allowed an opinion on the evils perpetrated by the CCP government.  Whereas I think it is admirable to call out evil and injustice wherever it is, regardless of whether or not it directly affects you.

And at 10 weeks, the human being killed is most definitely very readily recognisable as human (little arms & legs with fingers & toes etc.), rather than being the human cell equivalent of a jumbled pile of Lego.

The very obvious point being that until men can become pregnant & give birth, they can have no genuine, realistic understanding of the process.

What an embryo/foetus looks like; 4, 5, 6, 7,8 & 9 weeks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/o...ion-tissue

"Patients may come in for an abortion fearful at this stage, having read through forums or looked at images online. “They’re expecting to see a little fetus with hands – a developed, miniature baby.” Often, she says, “they feel they’ve been deceived.”
Finally, above is a number of gestational sacs on one petri dish, showing the progression in growth from five weeks of pregnancy to nine weeks. The sac grows 1mm a day.

Talking about why we don’t see these images more often, Dr Michele Gomez, who is part of the MYA Network, says: “I do think there are some clinicians who are concerned about patient’s reactions. But it’s not really our right or our responsibility to decide how people will respond to this. We’re just putting out the information and the facts to counter the misinformation. To say: this is not something that’s scary, or dangerous, or violent. It’s just a picture of something that’s in your body.”

Incidentally, while I believe that the option of a reversible vasectomy should be freely available to all those men who want one I don't believe anyone else has the right to oblige any man to have it done. HIS body, HIS business, it would be intrusive to make that mandatory.
And if it was up to me, then both men & women would be able to become pregnant & give birth once each - imagine the deeper understanding that would lead to.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: USA attacking women's abortion rights again. - by Lilith7 - 13-04-2023, 07:24 PM