Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA attacking women's abortion rights again.
(13-04-2023, 10:03 PM)dken31 Wrote: Your link must be the grossly dishonest article referred to in here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.catholi...looks-like

And, I'll save you the trouble by saying that I already know you'll disregard my linked article due to it being from the Catholic News Agency (no, I'd never heard of them before either) but a quick Google of "what does a fetus look like at 9 weeks" makes it pretty clear which of the two opposing articles is more honest/accurate.  Even mainstream sources such as the NHS report a readily recognisable human, with arms legs, beginnings or fingers/toes etc at 9 weeks.

But, just like slave holders vehemently de-humanised slaves to reconcile themselves with continuing such a vile practice, I'm sure you'll continue to do the same with unborn people to reconcile yourselves with the mass slaughter.

It sounds hyperbolic to call it "mass slaughter" but that's what it is. And I think it being so horrific is ironically part of what makes people like you so militantly in favour of it. Because admitting you've publicly supported something so evil is just a bridge too far, so instead you essentially shut your eyes, block your ears and shout "not a real human, not a real human".

Your choosing to post that Guardian link strongly supports my assertion in my last paragraph above. That you would either post that link knowing it wasn't accurate, or not even bother to perform the most basic, rudimentary of checks (which would have quickly shown you that it wasn't remotely accurate), shows that you desperately need to cling on to your alternate reality (albeit an alternate reality screamed and shouted by many, many others).

The Guardian is usually far more reliable; however given that various anti abortion groups have in the past been caught showing images of a foetus & claiming it to be far earlier than it actually was, they don't really have much room to complain about inaccuracy, especially the catholic groups.

So apparently your view is that women should have NO rights whatsoever over their own bodies  if they unfortunately become pregnant.  Dodgy

Would you then require every pregnant woman to be imprisoned lest she dare to try to abort the 'sacred' embryo or foetus?

How about a solo parent who already has two children, would she & her children also be imprisoned to avoid an abortion?

Should any woman be permitted to have a tubal ligation to avoid a pregnancy, if there's a high risk which might cost her her life to her should she become pregnant?

And what about men - do they have no responsibility in avoiding any possible abortion, or  are they above reproach & really shouldn't have to concern themselves with avoiding an unwanted pregnancy?

The other aspect which right to birthers tend to shy away from is that of resources - how exactly our world which is already struggling with a large population could possibly manage to provide food, healthcare, housing, education for the many, many more people no abortions would realistically mean.

This is one of the best articles I've come across on the subject - written by a woman who is genuinely pro life & who works with poor women. its worth reading the whole article.

https://stfuconservatives.tumblr.com/post/9021225903

"When I say I’m pro-life…

It doesn’t mean I force women to give birth.
Because I never will.
Let me tell you some things.
I used to investigate child abuse and neglect. I can tell you how to stop the vast majority of abortion in the world.

First, make knowledge and access to contraception widely available. Start teaching kids before they hit puberty. Teach them about domestic violence and coercion, and teach them not to coerce and rape. Create a strong, loving community where women and girls feel safe and supported in times of need. Because guess what? They aren’t.

Abolish poverty. Do you have any idea how much childcare costs? Daycare can cost as much or more than monthly rent. They may be inadequately staffed. Getting a private nanny is a nice idea, but they don’t come cheap either. 

End rape. I know your type errs on the side of blaming the woman, but I’ve seen little girls who’ve barely gotten their periods pregnant because somebody thought raping preteens was an awesome idea

In each and every dark pit of desperation, I have never seen a pro-lifer. I ain’t never seen them babysitting, scrubbing floors, bringing over goods, handing mom $50 bucks a month or driving her to the pediatrician. I ain’t never seen them sitting up for hours with an autistic child who screams and rages so his mother can get some sleep while she rests up from working 14-hour days.

Aphids give birth, girl. It’s no miracle. You want to speak for the weak? Get off your high horse and get your hands dirty helping the poor, the isolated, the ill and mentally ill women and mothers and their children who already breathe the dirty air. You are doing nothing, absolutely nothing, for children. You don’t have a flea’s comprehension of injustice. You are not doing shit for life until you get in there and fight that darkness. Until you understand that abortion is salvation in a world like ours. Does that sound too hard? Do you really think suffering post-birth is more permissible, less worthy of outrage?

[i][b]Pro-life” is simply a philosophy in which the only life worth saving is the one that can be saved by punishing a woman."[/b][/i]
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: USA attacking women's abortion rights again. - by Lilith7 - 14-04-2023, 12:06 PM