Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Awful & targeted" Librarians & teachers concerned
(07-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Thank goodness there are teachers out there telling the truth. They balance out the ignorance of some parents, which - after all, is what they are paid to do.

I'd like to know where this teacher's boss was though while this harassment was going on...

Yes, this kind of really nasty  nonsense isn't something any teacher or anyone at all should have to put up with, & the boss should have become involved. 

Surely these battles were fought & won over many decades, & now some ignorant bigots want to destroy all that progress which has been made - well, not without a bloody fight they damn well don't; there are too many of us who remember all too well just how difficult things have been for gay people & do not want to see things become as bad again.

Dodgy

(07-05-2023, 01:15 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Why is all of this an issue now?
We used to all get on and respect each other but now all of a sudden this whole debate has just been created as a way to divide people.
The solution is simple and thats to leave it up to the parents to educate their kids on the whole matter.
Keep this out of schools.

"We used to all get on and respect each other but now all of a sudden this whole debate has just been created as a way to divide people."

NO we did not - nothing of the kind in fact.  Angry

I remember as a teenager being shocked to learn that a friend of the family had been given the sack because he was gay.
And there were instances of people being badly beaten up  just because they happened to be gay.

And that was 'leaving it up to the parents' so clearly that wasn't working too well. And its an 'issue now' because some poisonous bigots apparently want to be able to persecute gays once again.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Awful & targeted" Librarians & teachers concerned - by Lilith7 - 07-05-2023, 03:18 PM