Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacinda Ardern's face on loo set - Rotary apology
(08-05-2023, 07:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 04:04 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: More lefty hand wringing.  Had it been Luxon''s face on the seat poster would have put up how funny it was.

Of course you don't mind - & no doubt would have no problem either with images of you or a family member being used in this way... Rolleyes Big Grin

And no - as it happens I just don't see this as funny regardless of whose image it used. Its insulting & malicious & very deliberately so. 

Schoolboy level 'humour' isn't often other than very basic & crude, lacking anything much in the way of intelligence.

(08-05-2023, 05:39 PM)dken31 Wrote: I assume the OP took an even dimmer view of this https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinati...est-toilet

If you actually read the article (the Ardern one) it was 100% harmless.  The toilet has been the trophy for decades, the winning team with the trophy had been judged to have successfully argued that Ardern was a better prime-minister than Muldoon (so they must have had some good things to say about her) and they put essentially their team mascot on the trophy; I doubt the fact the trophy was a toilet had zero bearing on their decision to hang the mask on it.  If the trophy had been a standard "cup" style trophy, I'm guessing the same person would have likely hung the mask on the cup.  The only mistake here is the co-president's apologising; grovelling to the perpetually outraged gets you nowhere.

Haven't seen this before - it at least has some skill involved in the 'instruments' but that's about all which can be said for it.

And I disagree re the Ardern 'trophy' - it was not at all 'harmless'. There's been a huge amount of constant, malicious & often misogynistic comments aimed at women politicians & the loo seat is just more of the same from boys who apparently never grew up.

Ah the hand wringer general.  And yes would have no issue with  my or my families pictures in a similar way - context is everything and it did not appear to be malicious.  Just handwringers making it so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jacinda Ardern's face on loo set - Rotary apology - by Wainuiguy - 08-05-2023, 08:05 PM