Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paralysed man walking again with AI help
(26-05-2023, 09:51 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(25-05-2023, 08:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Brave people to let other people put things in their brains...
So you're not a starter for Neuralink then. Imagine being able to drive your mobility scooter by just thinking about it. What could possibly go wrong?

Knowing the sort of things circling in my mind when I'm out there burning up the foorpaths - probably just as well!

(26-05-2023, 07:52 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(25-05-2023, 08:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Brave people to let other people put things in their brains...

Brilliant! In 1978 I had an accident where I fractured and dislocated 3rd 4th and 5th Cervical verterbrae. I was totally paralyzed an was in hospital  for several months, traction on a special bed. Slowly. I got a little feeling back and got to the stage where I could learn to walk again. A couple of operations on the spine since. Not very nice but necessary. Still have problems but at 80, I thank which ever deity was responsible for my surviving with all my heart.  Angel

Thing is, I was 36 with a wife, kids and mortgage and until that little first spark of feeling came back, I wanted to die so my family wouldn't be burdened by me the way I was.

This is why that announcement interested me, bloody marvelous!  Heart Heart

Oh I empathise completely, having spent rather too many years rehabbing from one imaginative bit of orthopedic surgery after another. The optimism of some surgeons continues to amuse me.

I have asked mine if they had ever worn a plaster cast of any description for any length of time and was not surprised to find none of the five who have put me in the damned things ever has. I think it should be compulsory for that specialty. A nice full leg cast, with a few beans in the sole pad so they don't cheat. But, I wouldn't be walking at all if it wasn't for those clever people. One though I would like to see hung drawn and quartered, and that's why I hesitate to trust any of them. Masked men with power tools with drugged up victims? You have to be mad, or desperate, lol...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paralysed man walking again with AI help - by Oh_hunnihunni - 26-05-2023, 10:07 AM