Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paralysed man walking again with AI help
(26-05-2023, 12:29 PM)king1 Wrote: like most tech, they will develop the functionality first, then monetise it, and then only start thinking about security when bad things start happening...

THAT sounds about right - & all too likely! Rolleyes

(26-05-2023, 01:39 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Imagine getting hacked and unable to walk in the middle of the street, but honestly I would be more concerned if they introduced a subscription model or something where you had to keep paying some sort of licensing.
But the tech looks solid, they have been working on this for a while, seems this is not the first person to receive it as a treatment, it will only get better over time.
Elon musk is essentially working on the same thing with neuralink, there is also tech that uses headbands you wear to read your brainwaves, so brain surgery may not even be necessary eventually.
But the ultimate cure would be stem cell implants in the spine, this is the part where we have not quite figured out how to repair the spinal cord, but wont be far away I dont think.

Yes it seems to be getting closer all the time, so perhaps within our kid's or grandkid's lifetimes.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paralysed man walking again with AI help - by Lilith7 - 26-05-2023, 03:16 PM