Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woke NZTA introducing bilingual road signs
"Woke" might have a precise meaning but the common usage of the word is today's equivalent of "PC" as it used to be used as a derogatory term. Woke-ism in my book tends to be when people are saying what they think is popular or "right" without actually understanding the depth of the subject or society's needs and priorities. Bi-lingual signs might be a good idea but in the bigger picture in NZ I think there are far more important things to spend money and energy on - like health, education, justice, transport, etc. Maori would benefit far more from any of those being done effectively.

Winston Peters is not racist. He's a Maori who understands the bigger picture far more than most, and while he might have his faults, he at least doesn't allow anyone any favours by pulling the "race card". Unlike many politicians today who do their best to create separatism instead of working to a common good.

I have met Winnie and thought him arrogant and egositical, but have a lot of respect for the common sense he so often brings. We need him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woke NZTA introducing bilingual road signs - by SueDonim - 31-05-2023, 03:00 PM