Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HP printer now asking to create an Account and register...
(11-04-2023, 05:55 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Now perhaps I have to disconnect the LAN from the internet to force it into installing the driver without an account

But this time round it is basically forcing me to register and says that you have to create an account to use this product.

"Check your account. A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print very soon unless the issue is resolved. To learn more, open the HP Smart app or visit www.hpsmart.com and sign in to your account."

My brother has a Brother Printer now, he had HP before, What it was going on about was his phone.
He uses wifi to print, off phone, tablet and PC. It wanted him to fiddle with the print app on his phone first, once he did that it shut up about accounts.

(11-04-2023, 05:55 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Now perhaps I have to disconnect the LAN from the internet to force it into installing the driver without an account

But this time round it is basically forcing me to register and says that you have to create an account to use this product.

"Check your account. A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print very soon unless the issue is resolved. To learn more, open the HP Smart app or visit www.hpsmart.com and sign in to your account."

My brother has a Brother Printer now, he had HP before, What it was going on about was his phone.
He uses wifi to print, off phone, tablet and PC. It wanted him to fiddle with the print app on his phone first, once he did that it shut up about accounts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP printer now asking to create an Account and register... - by piroska - 13-06-2023, 09:04 AM