Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclusive Brethren not welcome
(29-06-2023, 04:18 PM)Olive Wrote: Many years ago we had neighbours who were Exclusive Brethren, two sisters in their 60s.  They were quite peculiar in their behaviour, only ever went out together and twice while driving their Morris 1100 tried to run over my husband.

They'd surely have been in deep trouble, had they succeeded; whatever were they thinking!

How bizarre - we lived in the country & an older couple had a small farm nearby. I was only told they were 'some weird religion' but they'd often sweep past in their car, (looking to neither right nor left as they passed) & didn't associate with any of the rest of us who lived locally so I wondered in later years if they were EB's.

They're the lot who won't vote - against their daft belief system for some reason - but who nonetheless, tried to influence the outcome of an election a few years back by making large donations to National. I think it was around the time when John Key was PM  but could be wrong.

There really is nowt so queer as folk!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Lilith7 - 29-06-2023, 04:08 PM
RE: Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Olive - 29-06-2023, 04:18 PM
RE: Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Lilith7 - 29-06-2023, 04:48 PM
RE: Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Praktica - 29-06-2023, 08:25 PM
RE: Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Zurdo - 29-06-2023, 05:48 PM
RE: Exclusive Brethren not welcome - by Lilith7 - 09-07-2023, 11:48 AM