Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost PC sound to Tv
My Media PC (Asus Sabertooth Z77) no longer plays sound on my Sony Bravia TV. It has recognized the TV address for quite sometime but suddenly, although I can get the picture, I can’t get sound. I have checked the sound settings on the PC but the TV doesn’t show up. I have tried all methods to get it but can’t get sound. Now, I have tried another PC to the TV and that has no problems with sound so the TV settings are correct. The HDMI cable has not been changed so that seems OK.

I have connected the suspect PC to my PC monitor and again cannot find the monitor in the Settings although a sound cable from the PC to the monitor and separate speakers will give me sound. I removed the suspect PC's GTX560 GPU and connected to the HDMI port from the m/b – same result i.e. no sound.

The Bravia TV has no Sound jack to input sound, it relies on either USB or HDMI inputs. I am of a mind that the suspect m/b has developed some fault that does not allow sound to be transmitted to the TV. Other than a sound problem the M/b works well and I do not want to dump it. Does anyone have any ideas I can follow?

Messages In This Thread
Lost PC sound to Tv - by Bryan - 16-07-2023, 11:17 AM
RE: Lost PC sound to Tv - by king1 - 16-07-2023, 11:47 AM
RE: Lost PC sound to Tv - by Bryan - 16-07-2023, 12:39 PM
RE: Lost PC sound to Tv - by king1 - 16-07-2023, 02:30 PM
RE: Lost PC sound to Tv - by Wainuitech - 16-07-2023, 03:57 PM
RE: Lost PC sound to Tv - by Bryan - 16-07-2023, 05:48 PM