Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$330,000 Judder bars according to Luxon..
i travel almost fortnightly between new plymouth and wanganui, always on the motorbike.

the last time i went down, i hit several deviations in the road, not even potholes or visible bumps that could be avoided, that felt like my lower back had been smacked with a bat. the shock was incredible. i hate to think how much damage my body is copping. i dont relax until i get south of waverly, as the road improves after then. taranaki sure does get the short end from NZTA.
they have also done a heap of hot mix "repairs", where the seal is several inches higher than the actual road surface, those are nasty if you happen to hit them or get the front tyre stuck along the seam. that happened once in the dark. i was going nicely around a corner, and next thing my tyre is stuck along the edge and im forced upright until it finished. bloody dangerous.

ive been riding since 2005, and the roads are getting worse and more dangerous daily. between the roads and the expense of the rego [$500+ per year] i have actually done the unthinkable and am learning how to drive. i hate that it has come to this, but im not getting any younger.

judder bars are annoying, but i would like to see them installed either side of pedestrian crossings, especially ones near schools. on the topic of crossings, why are so many placed on corners? here in np, you come around a corner of a normal intersection, and bam, theres a crossing. no pre-warning. luckily the one i pass over most is not often used.

Messages In This Thread
RE: $330,000 Judder bars according to Luxon.. - by girlgeorgina - 22-07-2023, 12:57 PM