Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those high crime rates we supposedly have
(01-08-2023, 07:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 06:05 PM)king1 Wrote: I'd call it very relevant, but each to their own... 

Another relevant factor might the return of a large number of 501 deportees over the last few years and the influence they might be having on some types of crime...

Not denying the crime is happening or even up, based on the stats you linked, but it is certainly helpful if one looks to understand how and why...

That's an excellent point; it would be interesting to see how many returnees have been involved in crime since their arrival. Sending people here who've had very little or no experience living here & few if any friends or family was always going to cause problems for this country. 
And was somewhat ironic in view of Australian history.

But the the old 'lock 'em up & throw away the key'  brigade either don't understand that it doesn't work or know - & just don't care.
Nope try harder - 700 501s have been returned to date so I doubt they would cause such a significant increase in crime nationwide in the last year.

(01-08-2023, 07:02 PM)king1 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 06:14 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: How - more cromes are being committed 

Why - more scum released from NZ prisons and this government being soft on crime.

ah I see, for a moment I thought we were going to have an intelligent discussion about the subject, but alas just more political mudslinging...  

Here's another take on crime stats, a little bit more in-depth and analytical than the raw data you linked...
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/c...HBSNSE6YM/

You want to post something we can read?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those high crime rates we supposedly have - by Wainuiguy - 01-08-2023, 08:43 PM