Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut! Cut! Or free dental care for everyone
(06-08-2023, 11:16 PM)harm_less Wrote: Also worth noting the potential prevention of so many other serious health issues by ensuring access to quality dental care. Systemic infections including leading to cardiac conditions, psychological improvement (and improved employment prospects) if unsightly teeth are addressed, gut and digestive health improvement, etc.

The Greens' philosophies go beyond throwing money at quick fixes and this policy is very much the fence at the top of the cliff, rather than the ambulance at the bottom.

I agree, dental health is a very important aspect of general health and well-being.  I'm surprised that the Greens haven't made more of this aspect.

One unclear area of the policy is how will they draw the line between ordinary dentistry (which will be free) and cosmetic dentistry (which will not be covered).   The distinction is not always clear.   Many years ago my teeth were in a precarious state following some unwise extractions; the brilliant dentist who saved my teeth was a renowned cosmetic dentist who also had a general practice.   It would have been impossible to separate out the myriad techniques she used and the total cost was enormous.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cut! Cut! Or free dental care for everyone - by Olive - 07-08-2023, 08:59 AM