Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Evil | What it's like to be shunned from the Jehovah's Witnesses
(19-08-2023, 09:30 AM)zqwerty Wrote: I can't understand why so many people fall for this nonsense.

When I was young I was taught by my parents that there aren't any answers to life, (whatever that means).

All one can do is get up and go to work everyday to get enough money to keep body and soul together, but chasing after a lot of money is not the best thing to do, better to get enough each day for necessities and live a life of quiet dignity.

There are no guiding spirits of any type that can give you a better path through life so anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to mislead you.

Be honest and do what you say you are going to do.

In my case, one of my grandparents got involved with them after they knocked on their doors during the great depression when things were tough and they were selling solutions to all the world's problems. WW2 happened and they all thought it was the brink of Armageddon. Another of my grandparents studied with them when his JW neighbor preached to him and told him that God would cure his physical disability after Armageddon.
They exploit desperate people pure and simple.
Obviously they had kids who got indoctrinated and then I was bought up one, but thanks to the internet I discovered all their lies and I managed to get my immediate family out of the cult, which is not always typical, but all my aunts uncles and cousins have cut us all off.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Evil | What it's like to be shunned from the Jehovah's Witnesses - by C_T_Russell - 19-08-2023, 05:36 PM