Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobsons pledge making a great impact
(27-08-2023, 09:32 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(20-08-2023, 09:17 AM)Praktica Wrote: Aha - they are iconoclastic and racist enough for you to support...

They are NOT racist.
They want equal rights for ALL people REGARDLESS of race. They are against giving rights to any individual race, even worse the definition of maori seems to be more and more based on ancestry and anyone can identify as Maori without even having to prove their lineage!
I got a letter from the electoral commission telling me about options on changing to the Maori roll, why do they send this to me if I'm not maori?
Anyway, I don't hear the media bashing Don Brash as racist and he is the main person behind Hobsons Pledge.
Their billboards and radio adverts are everywhere right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobson%27s...0rights%22.

"Hobson's Pledge is a right-wing lobby group in New Zealand that was formed in late September 2016 to oppose affirmative action for Māori people. It is led by conservative politician Don Brash. The group aims to nullify the partnership between the Crown and Māori,[1] remove the Māori electorates, abolish the Waitangi Tribunal, restrict tribal powers and “remove all references in law and in Government policy to Treaty ‘partnership’ and ‘principles’”.[2] It is named after William Hobson, the first Governor of New Zealand and co-author of the Treaty of Waitangi.[3][4] Hobson’s quote on the day of the first signing of the Treaty, “he iwi tahi tātou”, has been used by the group to market their beliefs, with the common translation of the phrase: “we are now one people”.

Hobson’s Pledge is considered to be right-wing,[6][7][8] and it has been placed by some academics on the fringe or alt right.[8][6] Generally considered divisive, the group has been accused of racism for its calls to abolish affirmative action, which the group call "special rights". These measures were designed to combat institutional racism,[9][10] and to adhere to the promises of tino rangatiratanga in Te Tiriti o Waitangi, or roughly, the absolute sovereignty of Māori peoples laid out in the Treaty of Waitangi."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobsons pledge making a great impact - by Lilith7 - 27-08-2023, 12:08 PM