Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT would reinstate training fees for first year
No, they haven't recognised dyscalculia - my granddaughter has it, and their extra help for her maths were special classes where she got given even more maths until she ''got it.'' I've 'got it' too, and the method for me in the 3rd form was the cane...and no, that didn't work either. Apart from avoiding number calculations, I have developed my own methods of ''doing sums'' and like dyslexics it's a mental game of pictures, patterns and mental movies...it's complicated, and nothing to do with maths, or at least maths taught in schools.

And left handers, I hope there is some understanding there these days. No one told me I was left handed...as with dyscalculia, I just thought I was stupid - can't write without making a mess, can't use scissors, doing things backward to everyone else to make it work. Mind you, my Primary School Headmaster was a forced right hander, and said there would be none of that in his school.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACT would reinstate training fees for first year - by Zurdo - 28-08-2023, 05:46 PM