Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this month's temperature is below average
(29-08-2023, 11:15 AM)R2x1 Wrote: Minds are unlike plains, hopefully there is a fair difference between open and empty. Wink
While unsure of what a "telly" is in this hemisphere, I am reasonably certain the picture I get through the window is a bit more direct. I do not recall (in the Auckland Province) seeing rain or even a cloudy day after a frost except in the last few years; it is not a practice I approve of. I also disapprove of the current inability to see very far from a couple of thousand feet up in the air. Rotorua during the forestry slash burning season, yep, from about 2,00 ft AGL the ground was "greyed or browned out".  Blenheim in autumn had pretty short visual range as crop stubble got burned off, but Auckland didn't have that problem. Now, seeing Huntly from 2,000 ft is getting rare.  The frosts we used to get were cooler than now with frost on the grass not uncommon a few times a year. It seems quite a while since we had visible frost on the grass here, although we get more colourful sunsets than 70+ years ago. We can't blame all that on decimal currency and daylight saving Tongue

We used to have frozen puddles on the way to school, but no more. I think it is down to all the concrete and black tarseal warming the city by storing the heat. The city was much smaller back when I was at school.

Oooops, man made climate change...  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: this month's temperature is below average - by Oh_hunnihunni - 29-08-2023, 06:45 PM