Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you decided who to vote for?
(30-08-2023, 04:05 PM)alpha111 Wrote: From Marylands School to Gloriavale, even the secondary school that I attended (St. Patrick's College) there has been rampant cases of sexual abuse by so-called religious people.
My wife has just donated to this victim's cause:- "Darryl Smith, who was abused while in the care of the Catholic Church, is fundraising to go to a survivors event in Rome - and says the church is “two-faced” for not supporting him."
I recently read Tom Keneally's Crimes of the Father, on the subject. Interesting book given he trained as a priest for a time.

I'd like to think that there might come a time very soon when the Catholic church decides to sell all of its assets & give survivors of abuse by their priests substantial sums of money to try to repair the damage done.
But I don't hold much hope its ever going to happen - they love power & money too much.

(30-08-2023, 06:25 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Some people don't trust any of them.
I'm exactly the opposite, I distrust all of them.

I'll grab any excuse to post Mark Twain's comments on politicians, he sums them up so very well...

"The desire to become a politician should be sufficient to warrant being banned from ever doing so for life."

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself."

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often,& for the same reason."

And one pecualiar to America - I hope.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."

Mark Twain

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by Olive - 30-08-2023, 12:07 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by king1 - 30-08-2023, 12:33 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by Lilith7 - 30-08-2023, 07:18 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by R2x1 - 30-08-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by Kenj - 30-08-2023, 06:31 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by R2x1 - 30-08-2023, 06:37 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by Kenj - 30-08-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: have you decided who to vote for? - by R2x1 - 30-08-2023, 07:44 PM