Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scrapbooking...Journalling...Cardmaking...etc
(24-10-2021, 04:00 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(24-10-2021, 12:02 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You gave up because your friend was talented? You do realise talent is 90% practise and 10% sheer luck, right?

No, I don't agree. When you see my work and hers - day and night! I think it matters if you've been doing things since you were young and have that talent; not everyone is creative but has other strengths. I just haven't been encouraged when young, and then tried but don't have it in me; I also don't have the time to waste now in doing something that's hard for me. I'd rather do something to make good use of the few years I have left (I'm mid 70s)! Hence the books I'm writing that I feel proud of, and my children will enjoy in the future, I hope.
Why would you compare yourself to someone else? That shows a complete lack of confidence, and faith in your own abilities, rather than what anyone else is doing, or not doing.

Creativity is very subjective. What one thinks is awful, someone else will love.

I believe totally, that we are all creative. Whether that's in the garden, or in the kitchen, or making scrapbooks. We all have talents. And doesn't that make for a wonderful world.

'Whatever you do, do it with love in your heart'
Smile

My creativity has gone awol.Sad
My desire to create anything, has diminished.
My mojo disappeared.
I'm lost, in a lost world.
Save me......
....from myself

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scrapbooking...Journalling...Cardmaking...etc - by crafters_corner - 31-10-2021, 05:43 PM