Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More famous dead people who'd definitely vote ACT
(07-09-2023, 05:47 PM)dken31 Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 05:08 PM)king1 Wrote: picture your economy when all the natural disasters we've been having are magnified a 100% or 1000% or more in the future?  Governments will fail therefore infrastructure and support services will fail, insurance companies will go bust, people will lose jobs,  society will break down...  It might not be for a 100 years or so but it will happen.  The planet has to come first... 

Another thought, everyone is online now days so it won't be hard for our future (great) grand children to find out what side everyone was on....

[Removed: Rule 2A] you imply that I'm advocating to do nothing about climate change and to put the economy above all else.  For the umpteenth time, I have never advocated for the "do nothing" position, and I explicitly stated that "prioritising short-term economic growth too far above all other concerns is dangerous and harmful".

However, I stand by my claim in my first comment in this thread that we (NZ) cannot prevent climate change: it will continue to happen regardless of what we do.  Therefore, all of our efforts should go into adaptation/preparation for the inevitable.  Trying to stop climate change is just pissing in the wind...much like getting many of you on here to follow basic logic it seems!

We can start, and make change, and set an example, and other countries just might follow.  We can do something... 
we can also give up before we get started and say it's too difficult
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
RE: More famous dead people who'd definitely vote ACT - by king1 - 07-09-2023, 06:33 PM