Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour
(13-09-2023, 07:43 PM)Olive Wrote:
(13-09-2023, 07:17 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: SueDonim
The gap between rich and poor is not the problem. The problem is the poor who cannot get themselves out of the trap. Those who can't for a reason need ongoing support, which they will always get. Those who can move forward often need help over the first hurdles, which is where stimulating the economy comes in. It doesn't matter one iota how rich the rich actually are.

Today's poorest are already a great deal better off than the poor of the last generation/s were.

You know, years ago when  Neo Liberalism first became popular I soemtimes thought that they were keen to take working people back to the 19th century, with low pay & dire working conditions.

These days I suspect that what those people actually want is a return to even earlier times,with little or no rights for workers & as litle as possible in the way of pay.

And the gap between rich & poor IS very definitely the problem.  Too much money is almost as bad for humans as is too little. We need a fairer society, in which people are not constantly blamed for being poor.

And frankly I do not care if 'today's poorest are already a great deal better off than the poor of the last generation's were' - their children are still getting illnesses which they shouldn't be getting, & parents are going hungry to feed their kids. We have homeless people, we have beggars in our streets - neither of those existed here prior to greed based Neo Liberalism being imposed on this country without consultation or warning.

Yes, yes yes!   Thank you Lilith for spelling it out yet again.

I do wish that I didn't have to but it seems that some are still unaware of what the consequences have been for those now worst off. 

And if we have  a right wing govt after the eelction, then that doesn't give much hope for improvement in the near future.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour - by Lilith7 - 14-09-2023, 11:55 AM