Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour
(17-09-2023, 12:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: We need a good dictatorship, where a leader can say - ''Shut up, we are doing this, and you will thank us in 10 years.'' But they can only see as far ahead as the next election.

That's the problem; more concerned with that next election than any future further away. I wonder just how bad our planet will be allowed to get, before we take seriously the bloody great mess we've made of it & try to fix it - if it isn't too late.

(17-09-2023, 02:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Winston Churchill disliked democracy. But disliked the alternatives even more. Sensible man.

About philanthropy though... I used to love doing our Friday afternoon wander out to the Wallace collection at the Pah Homestead, and used to mentally thank that bastard every time I went through the doors. Now I feel faintly nauseous at the thought of how gullible we all were. Those of us who never had the faintest idea the man was such a rotten predator at heart.

As for those who knew, and kept silent, damn your eyes, your greedy hearts, and your arses.

Perhaps not so much gullible  - more that swine was well thought of in some circles, which may have helped protected him to some extent.

I think he's in the right place now.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour - by Lilith7 - 17-09-2023, 02:47 PM