Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's one way to reduce traffic congestion.
I'm not in favour of any entitlement being bought or sold. It automatically cuts out a big proportion of the population who cannot afford it.

Like owning your own home...

(05-10-2023, 07:15 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 06:32 PM)dken31 Wrote: Singapore population is a bit more than all of NZ fit into a largely flat land mass 1/7 the size of Auckland. So looking at their public transport systems and saying Auckland should copy Singapore isn't really fair.  Auckland's long, thin, hilly layout and relatively sparse population makes good economical public transport next to impossible.

I understand that as I was living there to the age of 22. We had a darn good tram system that was ripped up. A couple of the reasons from memory was that the traffic was held up when the tram stopped, motorbikes slid in the tracks and the last one I remember was that the bus that was the answer to tram wasn't tied to the tracks. Three of the most stupid reasons ever.

Always seemed to be protesting about rates. Would have had a lot less problems had they started in the 50's instead of 60 years later.

I don't live there now, but it sure was a great place to grow up as a Westie kid in the 40's to 60's. Big Grin Cool

Robbie was right. He wanted light rail back then...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's one way to reduce traffic congestion. - by Oh_hunnihunni - 05-10-2023, 07:35 PM