Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Shaw lied, and NIWA say Gabrielle is not due to climate change
Being admitted to a post grad programme rarely depends on a single factor.

Experience certainly matters, but for some areas of political governance an appropriate qualification seems logical. As in our doctors in the Health portfolios. But in the others, qualifications seem patchy at best, so don't pick on James. Be even handed, and check out the others. After all, with many of them their appropriate experience or training is tenuous at best.

And at least James isn't a first time MP, with very little experience in real world politics.

(06-10-2023, 01:30 PM)dken31 Wrote: Referring to people as "cookers" is about as constructive as me calling you a "commie".

The issues around Shaw's academic record aren't rumours, they are objective fact:
1. Until recently, his Linkedin education section listed a BA from Victoria (I saw it myself, and there are plenty of screen grabs out there) whereas it has now been updated to say that he didn't complete the degree.
2. Standard entrance requirements to the MA programme he completed at Bath included a 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree whereas (as per point 1) he didn't have any undergrad degree at all. 

The only conjecture is around why he chose to initially lied about having a BA, or how he managed to get into the MA without meeting standard requirements.

My undergrad education wasn't formally accepted by the uni that went on to award my masters degree either. Lots of candidates do not have formal qualifications, every application is considered on its unique merits. Though I believe PhDs are a bit more strict.

Even so, Christchurch's Wizard managed to get admitted to one PhD programme. Student loan and all.

I wonder how he did, brave soul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Shaw lied, and NIWA say Gabrielle is not due to climate change - by Oh_hunnihunni - 06-10-2023, 01:35 PM