Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest anti war protest so far in London
(12-11-2023, 07:33 PM)Olive Wrote: "The group, which had been chanting “England til I die” pushed through the police barrier, with some shouting “let’s have them” as officers hit out with batons. Further clashes took place in Chinatown with counter-protesters chanting: “You’re not English any more” towards officers. The Met said officers had “faced aggression from counter-protesters who are in the area in significant numbers”

Tommy Robinson, founder and former leader of the far-right English Defence League, was seen among the crowds protesters."

Shame on them.   Dreadful.   I have friends who were in that rally in support of Palestine.

Absolutely; it was a peaceful protest & that lot should have kept out of it rather than trying to cause trouble. And really, what better day to protest than Armistice day; no one wants another war like that one.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Largest anti war protest so far in London - by Lilith7 - 13-11-2023, 10:40 AM