Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Win-11 Home to Pro, now what?
(27-11-2023, 04:17 PM)Still PeterEsp Wrote: My upgrade to Win-11 Pro has finally been completed.
I've had no response from MS in answer to my questions, but tried again last night and the install began without me seeing a Product Key to install.
Where may I find this new Product Key?
Thank you all for your interest.
PeterE.

You dont actually need the key. If you ever change the Hard Drive or reinstall the Operating system, you  can download the ISO from Microsoft, and install, when it asks for a key you select I dont have a Product key, select pro and it will install and activate once on line. You will have a digital License linked to the Main hardware (Motherboard).

Using key finders wont work with Windows 10 or 11.

Even though you may enter a key, it will actually show as the generic  key. Windows doesn't show actual keys like earlier versions. 

You'll see one of the following when its activated on every Windows 10 or 11 PC

Windows 11 Pro
VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 11 Home
YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

You cant activate using these keys, they will install OK but no go when trying to activate on a Motherboard that's never been activated previously.  That requires the Digital License.

You can transfer your License to new hardware though.

Your actual key you purchased should be in your MS account in the Order History.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade Win-11 Home to Pro, now what? - by Wainuitech - 28-11-2023, 01:31 PM