Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They've burnt the house down" new govt
(30-11-2023, 09:39 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Did things really get worse?

They didn't for me. My income went up quietly but steadily, and my rent matched each raise. But my tenancy was safe and secure. I got older and less healthy, but the care was there albeit under pressure, and I survived covid by being vaxed and masked and distanced. I even got that shiny new hip despite whining about how long the waiting list was. Not quite for free, but damned near. When I needed help it was there, while I was also free to do my own thing without interference. I was safe from crime, had access to public transport, education, safe food and water...

I wonder sometimes if perhaps some of us confuse want with need, and have different ideas about their just desserts. I just wish everyone was as blessed as I am.

Its not so bad for some of us; we mayn't be wildly wealthy but we can manage. But while there will always be some who can't manage so well (high rentals don't help) that should be true for everyone as far as possible.
I'm extremely glad not to be trying to bring up a young family in these times for example - it must be far more difficult than it was when I was doing it, & it was no picnic then.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: "They've burnt the house down" new govt - by Lilith7 - 30-11-2023, 10:29 AM