Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Win-11 Home to Pro, now what?
I just came here to see how smoothly the upgrade went. It seems it just was delayed and no response from MS support. Not a good sign. I wonder if that is a common experience?

I had one heck of a time just trying to install Win 11 Home on a new SSD. Such a bad experience, partly my fault and also a bug with MS, I really should share my experience in a thread as I believe it would help others who encounter the issues I faced. I am just not a good story teller.

As for finding cheap keys. They do exist. They are only OEM keys. They can't be used to upgrade (e.g Win 11 Home to Pro). You can get legit keys that were on computers that an enterprise bought. Since they use a Volume license to register each machine/user those keys that were on those OEM machines are onsold. A few of them might get used if they bought personal computers as well or workers used the labels that are still left on those machines.

I normally pay about US$15 to US$30 for OEM keys when I need one (Which I currently am in need of). I use kinguin dot net (sorry I can't post URLs). It's currently US$25 and was recommended by a writer for Toms Hardware. If my experience goes bad with them, I will stop recommending. I am also uncertain if I can use an OEM Pro key to an already activated OEM Home motherboard so I still need to research more into this. It may just require scrubbing the OEM key.

Glad the OP got his upgrade in the end but seems very frustrating as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade Win-11 Home to Pro, now what? - by Kame - 06-12-2023, 10:21 AM