Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winston booed at Waitangi
It was never going to go down well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3501677...ty-grounds

"Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand Winston Peters has been met with boos from the crowd after telling them to "stop the crap".

"You tell me whoever said we're getting rid of the Treaty of Waitangi? Stop the crap," Peters said.

While Peters is being booed, he mentioned Dame Whina Cooper asking the crowd "when she was marching, where were you?" 

"If you think separatism and division is going to take us to 2040, you're dreaming. Let me tell you sunshine, I used to go to a marae where they had tikanga and respect and not you shouting. Get some manners."

The crowd has told Peters to "e noho" (sit down) after he remarked "get an education!" 

Luxon

"When asked why his speech did not focus enough on the treaty, Luxon said the speech was designed to talk about the vision for New Zealand by 2040 and what needs to happen to achieve the vision or start the vision by next term. 

"We should be very proud of the treaty as part of our past, present and future. It's something we're going to continue to work at." 

Speaking to media, Prime Minister Christopher Luxon said the Government is not supporting the treaty principles bill beyond the first reading. 

"There is no support, no commitment, no intention to take it beyond that. . . It's been the long-standing commitment of The National Party not to pursue a referdum at all. I appreciate its a different position from the ACT Party and part of that is as a condition of the coalition government, that's what we've agreed to do."

Seymour

"Crowd try to sing down Seymour 

Seymour is refusing to end his speech as a number of the crowd sing “whakarongo e noho”.

This has been going on for some time. 

“You can sing and you can sing and yet you are not going to end an idea by singing anymore than you will with a gun,” he said.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Winston booed at Waitangi - by Lilith7 - 05-02-2024, 02:59 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by Oh_hunnihunni - 05-02-2024, 04:46 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by Lilith7 - 05-02-2024, 05:59 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by C_T_Russell - 05-02-2024, 08:00 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by harm_less - 06-02-2024, 07:07 AM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by C_T_Russell - 08-02-2024, 03:19 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by SueDonim - 06-02-2024, 12:49 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by Lilith7 - 06-02-2024, 02:30 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by Praktica - 06-02-2024, 02:35 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by Lilith7 - 06-02-2024, 02:45 PM
RE: Winston booed at Waitangi - by SueDonim - 07-02-2024, 01:43 PM