Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rafah, the last refuge for Palestinians
Hamas says that any assault on Rafah would end talks.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/...ah-invaded

"Any Israeli ground offensive on Rafah will “blow up” the captive exchange negotiations, Al-Aqsa television channel quoted a senior Hamas leader as saying on Sunday.
The United Nations, the European Union, the United States and Arab nations are warning Israel not to go ahead with the planned offensive, saying it would cause a humanitarian catastrophe."

Some years ago, I read a book in which an idea to hasten peace talks was mentioned; it was so long ago that I can't recall the title or author but the idea has some value, despite being both unusual & bizarre - & I think it could work.
On the table in the room where peace talks are held, there should be placed the body of a child, killed in the conflict (in this case, two children one Palestinian & one Israeli) which will not be removed until a solution is reached.
The participants are only permitted to leave the room for toilet & refreshment breaks. The bodies will naturally deteriote, which should have the effect both of hastening peace talks & delivering a srong dose of consequences & reality....
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rafah, the last refuge for Palestinians - by Lilith7 - 12-02-2024, 02:36 PM