Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well said Tova O'Brien - Three waters Fallout
(13-02-2024, 02:52 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(13-02-2024, 01:56 PM)harm_less Wrote: I've got a friend who is on the Master Plumbers Association who has no doubts that most local councils don't have the finances or political courage to maintain the water infrastructures in their management. Between his comments and the knowledge that my late father installed much of New Plymouth's water, stormwater and sewer pipework back in the 1960's which is still in service. Typically those water mains are asbestos cement as was the norm back then so not a cheap procedure to replace them now.

What National have done by ditching 3 Waters is to push a huge upcoming infrastructure back onto the councils so expect significant rates rises coming to your town soon.

It is like real estate though. The cheapest time to do it is now, if yesterday was not an option.

The silly thing is, these organisations can borrow at rates home buyers could only dream of. So why are they not investing? Because they value their roles more than those they were elected to serve.

Wait and see... Any minute now China will come along with this great offer...

They might, at that.

It just makes sense to do whatever's needed now rather than waiting till the need is nigh on desperate & its going to cost a king's ransom; putting it off even longer will increase frustration (to the extent that some may well move away) as well as cost.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well said Tova O'Brien - Three waters Fallout - by Lilith7 - 13-02-2024, 06:17 PM