Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerated axing of Maori health blindsides campaigners
(29-02-2024, 07:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: As far as you are aware? Looks to me like there are/were a fair few services that are now threatened...  https://www.teakawhaiora.nz/

So, is there going to be a concerted effort now to remove other preference qualifications, like gender -  being female means preferential access to free mammograms or pregnancy care for instance. Or age - are children next? We could save heaps if we closed Starship and removed all that funding for childhood vax programmes...

Ethnicity is just another factor that means specific health concerns, backed up by unequivocal statistical evidence. Removing that supported focus means people with that ethnicity will die. That is the reality.

And even this govt cannot be so appallingly ignorant as to be unaware of that; they must understand what's now extremely likely to happen, so you have to wonder just what they'll blame it on since even this lot can hardly blame the previous govt for their actions.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they did try to...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accelerated axing of Maori health blindsides campaigners - by Lilith7 - 29-02-2024, 12:25 PM