Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerated axing of Maori health blindsides campaigners
(12-03-2024, 11:35 AM)king1 Wrote:
(12-03-2024, 10:41 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: The point, which you're desperately trying to ignore, is that for centuries people of colour have been deliberately disadvantaged by various govts, especially in the USA. That includes constant harrasment by police & more than one case of innocent people being imprisoned, & also murders going 'unsolved' and/or unpunished because the victim was black.

THAT is why BLM cam into being; that organisation has never once said that other lives do not matter, not once. 

But those opposed to them love to say that 'all lives matter' while wilfully ignoring reality. Dodgy

I think for that lot, changing the narrative to "all lives matter" allows for the inevitable "but some more than others"...

I suspect you're probably right; typical Neoliberal 'thinking'.

According to their daft views, some people are 'entitled' to large incomes for little effort, ridiculously expensive houses/cars etc. etc. while others are only 'entitled' to suffer because they can't afford decent healthcare, work long hours for tiny wages & generally live fairly miserable lives.

Presumably, while frantically tugging their forelocks & being ever so subservient... Rolleyes Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accelerated axing of Maori health blindsides campaigners - by Lilith7 - 12-03-2024, 02:42 PM