Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starship Rocket launch livestream
(16-03-2024, 01:21 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: One of my oldest internet forum buddies is not only a rocket scientist but a real live nuclear physicist as well, working for one of the top unis in Canada. People with that kind of brain are indeed very rare.

I saw something recently on farcebook that linked to some kind of mapping of the garbage out there surrounding planet Earth. Seems to me we shouldn't be putting any more up there, or trying to get to other places before we clean that lot up properly.
On a job I had back in the early 1980s the commute included float plane trips into a large river delta in SE Borneo. The potential collision risks involved local river vessels, numerous floating logs and the odd 'critter'. I would imagine the risks I faced there would pale into insignificance in comparison with those of a space craft negotiating the amount of debris whizzing around above our heads, which although often small in size is often moving at the velocity of a bullet or better. Must be just a matter of time before a serious collision occurs.

[Image: Distribution_of_space_debris_around_Earth.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Starship Rocket launch livestream - by nzoomed - 14-03-2024, 07:46 PM
RE: Starship Rocket launch livestream - by harm_less - 16-03-2024, 01:39 PM
RE: Starship Rocket launch livestream - by king1 - 16-03-2024, 01:52 PM
RE: Starship Rocket launch livestream - by Zurdo - 16-03-2024, 05:59 PM
RE: Starship Rocket launch livestream - by king1 - 17-03-2024, 08:17 PM