Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nats truancy policy 'as useful as tits ona bull'
(11-04-2024, 12:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I look forward to the day when governments put people ahead of profit, ahead of economy, ahead of career politics. Ahead of status and unlimited growth. To when leaders actually lead. But I won't be holding my breath.

I've read about that. Something along those lines happend in the UK after WW2, when they were still heavily in debt, paying for the war but decided it was more important to set up the National Health Service regardless. Labour govt at the time; several decades later, successive Tory govts have gutted what was once, going by what I've read, an excellent system.

What you describe IS their job after all, & it really doesn't seem too much to expect that that lot in the Beehive put the welfare of ALL their voters foremost rather than just that of their donors, as seems to be happening lately.

We're very slow learners, we humans...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nats truancy policy 'as useful as tits ona bull' - by Lilith7 - 11-04-2024, 03:36 PM