Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nats target social housing again.
(21-05-2024, 07:59 PM)Olive Wrote: And underlying all of the lies from Luxon, Bishop et al is the belief that poor people, damaged people, disabled people and unlucky people have brought it all on themselves somehow and should just disappear.  Whenever any members of the present coalition are asked what do they think will happen to KO tenants who are evicted, they decline to answer.  Presumably the unluckiest evicted tenants (and their children) will somehow just evaporate.

If we continue down this road, then there will eventually be campls of homeless people in large numbers, just as there are in the US now. It seems to be a deliberate campaign on the part of various govts to deliberately demonise &  worsen the situation for those already struggling.

I think we might do better if all MP's were required to live in a modest Kainga Ora unit for the length of their term in parliament, & receive pay which is equivalent to the lowest wage or benefit, with extra permitted for travel & other expenses.

And I also think that anyone who is wealthy should not be permitted to enter politics, & that donations to political parties should cease. Perhaps allocate a certain modest amount from taxes, & anything further required, then let them hold fund raisers, produce goods of some kind to sell.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Nats target social housing again. - by Lilith7 - 21-05-2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by Olive - 21-05-2024, 07:59 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by Lilith7 - 22-05-2024, 11:40 AM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 29-05-2024, 05:43 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 31-05-2024, 06:44 AM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 31-05-2024, 01:09 PM