Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The idiocy of allowing a childless person to be involved in govt. education decisions
(25-05-2024, 08:25 AM)girlgeorgina Wrote: how many adults had hot lunches at school? i never did until i got to high school and the canteen sold irvines pies. prior to that was sammies, muesli bars, fruit and other similar items.

on monday, i stopped at an op shop in taranaki, and they had 3 bins of unwanted school lunches they were giving away to customers. hot beef burgers or something. ive no idea why they were unwanted, but there was heaps! maybe they had a teachers only day and no one bothered to tell the providers? who knows.

i dont have kids for several reasons, one being that i cant afford to. other people need to think like that. one or two, and feed them themselves. not 5 or 6 and expect everyone else to pay.

I think that when kids are going hungry, you just damn well feed them, rather than pointing the finger & automatically blaming parents. And while school lunches could certainly be done better i.e. allowing families to opt in or out when circumstances change, & providing hot meals during winter etc. etc. they are still very much needed.

Just as we now need Charity hospitals- the third is about to open - in a once far more egalitarian country, we now also need to provide lunches at school for kids.

There are reasons as to why people now are going hungry in order to feed their kids, reasons why rents are so exorbitantly high, reasons why wages & benefits are set so low, reasons why we now have homeless people & people begging in the streets.

The reasons all come down to one word - greed.

Neoliberalism is a greed based system which increases hardshipo for everyone except the wealthy. Its happening across the world.

The UK.

"The current financial tempest has not been caused by a natural recalibrations, but by a deliberate attempt to readdress the rights earned by workers & the middle classes since 1945. The chains of ignorance & the fetters of poverty that my ancestors & my generation wore are being refitted to modern citizens. Why is this so?
In my opinion it is because the common people’s right to a dignified life is no longer protected by law or custom. This country once had a vision & a road map to lead each of us to future prosperity. That map has been replaced with a kind of neo liberalism that is frog marching us back to a time that was best left to history."

Many of us are suffering already.
It has to stop, & a strong anti-lobbyist bill has to be introduced. We have to have a law that bars former politicians, their spouses & their children from working as lobbyists for ten years after they have left Whitehall."

Harry’s last stand; how the world my generation built is falling down & what we can do to save it, Harry Leslie Smith.

America

“Tens of millions oif Americans do not end up poor by a mistake of history or personal conduct. Poverty persists because some wish & will it to.”

Blame capitalism. Blame the other political party. Blame immigrants. Blame anyone you can except those who most deserve it. “Gaslighting: is not too strong a phrase to describe such pretence.”

Poverty, by America, Mathew Desmond
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The idiocy of allowing a childless person to be involved in govt. education decisions - by Lilith7 - 27-05-2024, 11:59 AM