Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nats target social housing again.
(31-05-2024, 01:09 PM)jim157 Wrote:
(31-05-2024, 10:04 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: And that attitude is exactly why we need social housing...

Fortunately Jim, it will be there should you ever need it. It just might though involve a long waiting list.

i wont be needing it and i have no problem with people who do need it but when you have good people waiting for housing and antisocial ferals who dont care what damage they do terrorising their neighbours living in taxpayer subsidised housing there is something wrong and as far as im concerned those people can go live under a bridge
One thing I have learned in my 70 odd years Jim, is to never say never. I didn't plan on being a widow when I married the man I adored, didn't plan on being a mother after several doctors told me it wouldn't happen, certainly not doing it on my own, didn't plan on being the sole carer for my parents, didn't plan on being disabled or being forced to give up homeownership as a result. But I was lucky, I could handle it.

Never challenge worse, my darling used to say. And he was right. Life is all about adventures and how we respond to the unexpected. Some of us are lucky, we have the resources and resilience to deal with lifes unexpectedness, but the reality is - a fair few simply don't.

Doesn't mean they don't have the same human needs and rights as the rest of us who have managed to weather those storms.

And frankly, it isn't just the poor and needy who behave in socially unacceptable ways. The othersĀ  just have better resources to escape the consequences. Plenty of examples of that around us...

Messages In This Thread
Nats target social housing again. - by Lilith7 - 21-05-2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by Olive - 21-05-2024, 07:59 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 29-05-2024, 05:43 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 31-05-2024, 06:44 AM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by jim157 - 31-05-2024, 01:09 PM
RE: Nats target social housing again. - by Oh_hunnihunni - 31-05-2024, 06:52 PM