Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis: overpopulation is a myth — we need more children
(08-06-2024, 07:08 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I'm going to the MIL's for dinner tomorrow night.  She used to make big family dinners, birthdays, Xmas etc. Now my daughter's do it for her because she's getting on a bit, and he's in his 90's.  Good to see my girls stepping up to help their grandparents, when her own kids don't.

They're clearly well brought up young women then, well done them. Its always good to see grandkids give a helping hand when its needed.

(08-06-2024, 05:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Useful creatures, grandparents. When parents are solo, or forced to both work instead of parenting...

The modern way of life has a lot of disadvantages.

Yep, I think having a society in which both parents have to work just to survive is a big mistake; we were better in some ways, when it took just one wage to support a  family.

We could learn from other countries,too - one example being the Swedish maternity leave which is not only generous, its compulsory for the dad to do a part of it,too which has to be good for bonding.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope Francis: overpopulation is a myth — we need more children - by Lilith7 - 08-06-2024, 07:16 PM