Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search intensifies for Tom Phillips & three children
(14-06-2024, 03:17 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: An expert tracker's opinion on finding them.
Quote:https://www.odt.co.nz/entertainment/odt-...iz-june-14
"Rice said police would be using different strategies in this case to what they would use to find a lost person.
"I'd be a little bit more surgical. I mean, they're in no great hurry I would imagine. Now, as long as they're going to cordon off the area that they do it quite a ways out from where they are, and then as the tracking team goes in, they can bring it in closer and closer until they encircle them.
Wherever they are they would need to have accessible water, he said, and there would likely be visible tracks.
And their 'base' might not be as comfortable as you might expect.
"I wouldn't necessarily have to be a physical building as such. It could be a mine shaft, it could be caves, it could be something out there that people knew about back in the day but people now don't necessarily know about, because hiding in a shack or whatever else is kind of a bit obvious.
"So I wouldn't just be looking for something man-made that they're living in."
The area is limestone country and full of cave systems. I suspected long ago that he might have holed up in a cave. Out of the weather, usually with water flow nearby and invisible to heat detecting sensors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Search intensifies for Tom Phillips & three children - by harm_less - 14-06-2024, 04:21 PM