Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Game - Stuff Circuit Doco
(23-06-2024, 11:53 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(23-06-2024, 11:17 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Former Chinese consulate member. "You can do everything by money."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35031848...ter-escape
From a business trip we made to China in 2012 with a (non-Chinese) interpreter it was obvious then that the Chinese population was heavily indoctrinated with the Chinese infrastructure and social foundations being the 'biggest, best, highest, oldest, fastest, etc.' Also the sheer scale of what we saw there made it feel that New Zealand was minuscule in comparison and that China could 'buy and sell New Zealand before breakfast' and hardly notice. Cities 2 hours drive apart with populations of >11 million and >26 million respectively was definitely an eye opening perspective for us.

Yeah...I'm quite frequently extremely grateful to various ancestors for having the sense to emigrate here rather than America, & having seen that & read a bit I'm also quite pleased not to have been born in China. Poor people; it seems only slighty better than North Korea.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Long Game - Stuff Circuit Doco - by king1 - 20-06-2024, 08:56 PM
RE: The Long Game - Stuff Circuit Doco - by Lilith7 - 23-06-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: The Long Game - Stuff Circuit Doco - by king1 - 25-06-2024, 11:09 PM