Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nuts securing the tower to its baseplate were removed
(24-06-2024, 05:37 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Yeah the rumour going around was that they were sandblasting the tower and had to remove the bolts so they can clean it properly.
Now this is a widely practised procedure, however there is a specified amount that are required to stay in place at any given time on each leg and it looks like they took them all out at once on that side.
It was pretty clear going by those photos seen on the news that the nuts were missing and the other 2 legs bent over at the base. I imagine that it would have been a scary thing to experience if you were standing there with those lines coming down to the ground carrying a good 100+KV of power!
I see they are already trying to play the "foul play/aka vandalism" card during the interview, who knows? Cant be ruled out 100% but you think they would have noticed.

Yep, you'd think any vandalism might have been noticed straight away.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: nuts securing the tower to its baseplate were removed - by Lilith7 - 24-06-2024, 07:11 PM