Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New photos and data show Trump met with Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts
(12-08-2024, 08:14 AM)girlgeorgina Wrote: ive worked most of my life in male dominated environments. one job i was one of two women on the entire site among, and the other worked in the office. i never faced such blatant sexism on that job... the guys treated me like i was one of them, which suited me. a couple of the younger guys tried to push the issue, but were shut down quickly either by myself or their managers. they learned respect and some became good mates for the duration of the job.

when i left this recent job, i noted in my resignation that one reason was the deteriorating treatment of some women, and the other reason was physical and mental suffering that was getting worse. i left a copy with both health and safety, and the site nurse who had treated me over the years. the freshly appointed HR manager, who is one of those "yes women", emailed me, wanting me to quantify my statement about women, but zero concern about the medical side.
hopefully the copies i left will be useful to try and bring things back to how they were just last year. they were forward thinking, with deserving women achieving high ranked positions based on knowledge, experience and skill. my boss that they sacked had been there 31 years, her entire adult life, and there was next to nothing she did not know about any job within the place.

The whole situation is unfair; you'd think that by this stage of human development we could be moreĀ  inclined to be fair to everyone.
We seem to be very slow learners.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New photos and data show Trump met with Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts - by Lilith7 - 12-08-2024, 11:58 AM