Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Unmasked "Exempt" Can be Found: Cities, Suburbs, Towns
(25-11-2021, 07:12 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: king1 - I would hate to be in your shoes at this time. You must get the stink eye a lot. Do you think if the Government encouraged people to wear their exemption card on a lanyard to reassure the general public that would be a reasonable option or is it a bit Nazi-ish?

i think they need to tighten up the rules - reissue proper cards to restore faith in the system.

The problem is there are too many articles about people photocopying them or otherwise obtaining fraudulently, and obviously it erodes the trust in the system, and everyone is thinking every other person without a mask probably got their exemption on facebook...

I mean the card literally says  "I am exempt from wearing a face covering" and in tiny letters "thank you for your understanding".  Nothing to identify the bearer at all...

Personally I have found most organisations ok once you show the exemption, get some funny looks from people, only dick I came across was the driver at the cable car in wellington whom even though I was visibly damn near dying from the walk to the planetarium and having to explain the exemption to him twice (when I can't speak more than a few words with each breath), his parting comment was  "well, do your best to please" - f'n idiot...

If i'm just stopping in at the service station for two minutes I can cope with that fine, just extended periods, or after any kind of exertion...  All this started with a fucking allergy to a molting dog three months ago I might add...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Unmasked "Exempt" Can be Found: Cities, Suburbs, Towns - by king1 - 25-11-2021, 07:32 PM