Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our freedoms are being taken away...
(25-01-2022, 12:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 12:24 PM)dken31 Wrote: I think you misunderstood me: I'm saying you all seem to think it is safe for you to interact with vaccinated people and deadly to interact with someone that is unvaccinated.  I'm countering that with the fact that the evidence shows rather little difference between your risk of catching covid from an unvaccinated person compared to catching it from a vaccinated person.  If you're so damn scared of catching Covid, you are not safe even letting vaccinated tradies/friends/family into your home.  If all the dirty disease laden unvaxxed idiots locked themselves away, your risk of catching Covid wouldn't materially change.
I'm nor damned scared. I am realistic. I am one of the vulnerable. I cannot afford to get covid. 

So I am wary. I don't 'interact' with anyone, unless they are fully vaxed and observing all the recommendations. Including social distancing.

If those idiots in the serious minority did lock themselves away, infection rates would slow. If all of us were wary and determinedly compliant, infection rates would slow. But those are big 'if's that the vulnerable cannot rely on. So we're doing it for ourselves.
And, if you wanted to help rather than hinder, you'd be advocating for everyone to do the same.
Not stirring it up on a message board.
Your approach to this is far from unusual. The reports of businesses who are experiencing a reduction in walk-in patrons/customers would seem to indicate that many are self isolating to some degree.

We were planning a trip to visit friends in Auckland and further north at Waitangi weekend but this very much doubtful in light of what's eventuated in the past week. Not only are we hesitant to venture into foreign territory and through 'the big city' but we are also aware that our hosts on that trip may not be as welcoming of out of province visitors as would normally be the case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our freedoms are being taken away... - by harm_less - 25-01-2022, 12:43 PM