Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jenny Shipley, Mainzeal directors seek to overturn damages
(13-03-2022, 02:32 PM)an amniote Wrote:
(13-03-2022, 02:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And I came across this just the other day:

"Once Governor General Cath Tizard had opened Parliament  & the new members were sworn in, work was underway.
To our horror, the new Govt's first act was to rescind the Pay Equity Act, & even worse, the minister who led the debate in her capacity as Minister of Women's Affairs  was Jenny Shipley. When I thought of the struggle that women had been engaged in since the turn of the century, & how strenuously Helen Clark had battled in Cabinet & in the House to have the legislation introduced & to steer it through, I was sickened. I didn't accept Jenny Shipley's contention that there were other & more effective ways of achieving pay equity.
We'd tried all those & they hadn't worked."

Marching on, Sonja Davies, published 1997
I remember that. An utterly disgusting betrayal of women. Angry

I was living in a very feminist flat. The others were all a few years younger than me. One rejoiced to me that at last we had our first female PM. I replied that I'd have been happy to wait longer for a better one.
Indeed - between them she & Ruth Richardson & of course, their party, did some damage to this country. Not that the previous Labour one was much better - bloody Neo Liberalism! Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jenny Shipley, Mainzeal directors seek to overturn damages - by Lilith7 - 13-03-2022, 03:39 PM