Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist ideas being taught here.
I had no idea that this backward, American right wing Christian nonsense was being taught here. This is really nasty & scary stuff which has somehow arrived here. Dodgy Angry

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/educati...ate-change

"A curriculum that teaches creationism as fact, denies human involvement in climate change and depicts women as inferior to men has grown in popularity.
Former students describe teachers speaking in tongues and a cult-like atmosphere and claim the curriculum has sexist and racist undertones.
Hundreds of New Zealand students learn through Accelerated Christian Education, or ACE, at schools dotted across the country and via homeschooling. That number has increased due to the fallout of the Covid-19 pandemic.

ACE originated in Texas in 1970. It presents every subject through a Biblical worldview, with young Earth creationism and moral lessons embedded throughout.

ACE also attempts to discredit scientific evidence of humans’ role in climate change. A science book for year 9 students says: “Attempts to show a connection between rising global temperatures and rising carbon dioxide levels have failed.”

Jean Balchin, 27, was homeschooled with ACE for six months between the ages of 9 and 10. Her time studying ACE was brief, but her siblings used it for the majority of their education.
Balchin says ACE hammered home the message as a woman, “I had to be docile, I had to be subservient, the man was the head of the household”.
The PACEs are peppered with comics illustrating moral lessons.
Balchin says ACE’s lack of critical analysis has frightening real-world implications.

“Quite a few of my siblings are anti-vaxxers, for example, because they take as gospel butchered quasi-scientific explanations from scaremongers on Facebook."

in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
Creationist ideas being taught here. - by Lilith7 - 14-05-2022, 10:57 AM